Saturday

Feb. 19

Photo HERE
I went to a Josh Ritter concert yesterday evening at local venue Liberty Hall. It was amazing! I go to few enough concerts that I always want to show up at least an hour before the doors open, which proved good fortune for me this time around as I was only 5th in line to get it, so I got a comfy little spot right up front. As it usually happens, all of the folks next to me were super nice and fun to talk to; the evening passed with only a few loudish drunks in the corner, one hellish screaming woman in the balcony, and wasted fellow that wanted to be a bit too close to me and the girl next to me.

I also seem to be extremely lucky with opening acts... the last three or so concerts I've been do I have become a fan of the openers. This one was Scott Hutchison from Frightened Rabbit and he was really great and energetic. I'm listening to him right now actually. Josh was, of course, wonderful. He had such a goofy smile on his face the whole time you could really tell that he was having a blast. I'm really glad I went.

I tried to record as much as I could, but alas, the louder songs didn't fare well. I do have some of Scott Hutchisons act and a couple of Josh's, so feel free to download them HERE. I'm also working on getting some songs up on YouTube. Uploading is quite the slow process.

Here is a song of his called Lawrence, KS that he played for us... I mean, how could he not? As an FYI though, having a song named after your town makes it much more difficult to actually find information regarding a concert in your town. Just typing in "Josh Ritter Lawrence, KS" doesn't work. Also, I didn't record this by the way, just in case you thought I was awesome enough and the venue was quiet enough. It certainly wasn't. And I'm certainly not.

No comments:

Post a Comment