Wednesday

Oct. 5

This last weekend was quite fulfilling.... it was Lawrence's Final Fridays art walk which is always fun, and the weather was lovely. Me and my friends mostly hung out around the Lawrence Arts Center where there were some bluegrass bands, but we made a detour to a gallery right above where I work called Wonderfair which was great. I bought a print by this wonderful artist (though the print I purchased isn't on her site. It has a gold spaceship floating above mountains). 

Saturday had me meeting up with the same lovely friends to go to a local flea market that, though smaller than we had anticipated, I still managed to find a piece to purchase. I got a set of cameo clip on earrings to make sweater clips out of. We then stopped by the farmers market (where I bought some cider doughnuts from Rees's Fruit Farm) and a local thrift store (where I bought a frame for the spaceship print).


Then we split ways and I journeyed alone back to the Arts Center, but this time for their Silent Film Festival! I watched City Lights, Limelight, The Man with the Movie Camera, and Phantom of the Opera. They were all great, but I have to say my favorites were the first two (which were by Charlie Chaplin), especially City Lights. I had a fantastic time, though it's a shame not more people are interested in silent movies... it would have been great to have a friend tag along.

Me hanging out in the park between films.

Tonight I have had quite a bit of spare time, so I made up the sweater clip I bought the earrings for. I think it turned out pretty good! I really need to find more excuses to wear things like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment