Sunday

Jan. 9


Okay, so I lied. I do want to make a resolution this year. I have been collecting books when I find them cheap that I really should read, and I have pure intentions to read them soon but that just doesn't ever seem to work. I reach for a book I know I like instead of reading a new one. So as of right now, I am only going to read books I haven't read before. Or at least make it a ratio of 5:1.

Some books on my list in no particular order:
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
Plainsong - Kent Haruf
Collections of Roald Dahl short stories
We Were the Mulvaneys - Joyce Carol Oates
Shadows of our Forgotten Ancestors - Carl Sagan
I Am Charlotte Simmons - Tom Wolfe
Lucky - Alice Sebold
Mrs. Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
To the Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf
Winsburg, Ohio - Sherwood Anderson

And those are even just books that I have on my shelves! Here are some I need to get from the library.
Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh
Eating Animals - Johnathan Safron Foer
Cosmos - Carl Sagan
Pale Blue Dot - Carl Sagan
I also want to read a few books from the Extended Universe of Star Wars and more environmentalist/scientific non-fictions.
I should finally get around to reading the Dune series as well.

Surely this can last me a year right?

1 comment:

  1. oooo oooo! can I make a couple of suggestions?

    I think you should add,"Dress Your Family in Cordoroy & Denim" by David Sedaris. Once you are done with this book, if you enjoyed it...you should read "Me talk Pretty One Day" and THEN "Naked" (only in this order...it's sacred!)

    ReplyDelete