Thursday

Jan. 20

Today was supposed to be my first day of school but it's a snow day! We got quite a bit yesterday and I believe we are supposed to get more today... which means I have all the way until Tuesday before I need to worry about school at all. Good good.

I seem to do my projects in phases.... In December I was crazy about needlework, then it was stamping and cards, and now all I want to do is sew. I want to start wearing more handmade items (with the goal of having enough to take part in Self-Stitched September this year) so I made a top, a skirt, and a dress. I make too many dresses. This must be fixed with more tops and a pair of pants as soon as I can wash the fabric for them.

Anyways, I'm going to divide them up into separate posts, so here is the top first.


I made it from Simplicity 4111, a Built by Wendy pattern. There was only one part of the instructions that didn't make sense, which was putting in the front placket. It seemed to have something backwards, so I just did it on my own. Next time I might omit the facing in the neckline... I can't decide if I don't like it being so much stiffer than the rest of the shirt or if I like the stiffness to keep the neckline from gaping, since it's pretty low. 

I really wanted to make it because I've never made a top that I wanted to wear, and also I need more plaid. I just love plaid, what can I say? I was worried that I would need to match it up but it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference. I'm not even sure how one would match it up to be honest. We'll save that for another day.
I made a review at Sewing Pattern Review and I also uploaded it to Burda Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment