Jan. 22

This third project was made from the Simplicity 2282 pattern. There are lots of options here and I chose the cap sleeves and added the peplum. I figured it would have the perfect vintage feel for a particular fabric I've had for probably years now. The print is so big that I hadn't found anything to use it for this whole time.
I did make one big change to the pattern, which was to alter the neckline to a sweetheart, which is infinitely better than the super high one they used. Even with that it's still almost too high for my liking, next time I'll open it up quite a bit more I think. It's not very easy to see, but the front of the dress is attached to the lower skirt and it wraps all around to the back, with a side front and a back piece up a bit higher. This was a pretty difficult part to sew, and I think using the peplum attachment made it harder. Next time I make it I'll try to separate the bottom of the skirt from the front and make it more tier sided, not unlike THIS dress.
Today I'm working on a couple skirts to sell and maybe I'll cut something else out for myself. We'll see.


  1. Great job! The neckline change was a good idea. You look fabulous in your new dress!

  2. Wooow! This is terrific!! I am so into this design!